ATTORNEY AT LAW
Denise O'Connor is a member of the firm of Kozek LLP. After graduating with honors with a degree in Journalism from Ohio University in 1983, she attended Pace University School of Law, where she was a recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award for high achievement in Legislative Process.
An experienced trial and appellate attorney, Ms. O’Connor spent the first 22 years of her career in litigation. In 2009 Denise worked as Confidential Law Secretary to the Hon. Francesca E. Connolly (Supreme Court Judge and later Supervising Justice of the Matrimonial Part, Westchester County). In 2013 she joined Kramer Kozek and devotes her time to all aspects of matrimonial litigation including high profile matters presenting some of the most complex financial and custodial issues. Martindale-Hubble has distinguished Ms. O’Connor as “AV Preeminent” rated, the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards.
Ms. O’Connor is admitted to practice in New Jersey State and Federal District Courts, as well as New York State, and the Southern and Eastern Federal District Courts of New York. In 2014, Ms. O’Connor was admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States.
She is a member of the New York State and Westchester Women’s Bar Associations, and the Brandeis Law Society. Ms. O’Connor is a member of the Westchester County Bar Association where she serves as an elected member of the Executive Committee of the Family Law Section.
Ms. O’Connor is a frequent lecturer at New York State Bar Association CLE programs. She has lectured for the New York State Bar Association, Family Law Section, on topics including Equitable Distribution of Assets, Maintenance and Discovery.
- New York State Bar Association
- Westchester Women's Bar Association
- Justice Brandeis Law Society
- Westchester County Bar Association (Elected Member of the Executive Committee, Family Law Section)
- Matrimonial and Family Law
- Custody, Child Support
- Prenuptial/Postnuptial Agreements
- Modification Matters
- Grandparent Visitation
- Relocation Issues
- Orders of Protection
- Post-Judgment Enforcement
- Separation Agreements
- Modification Matters (including Custody and Support)
- New York, 1988
- New Jersey, 1987
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1988
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1988
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2014
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review RatingSM, Martindale-Hubbell®